Saturday, January 21, 2012

Our Dinner Menu Plan


Our local supermarket had an awesome deal this past week on shrimp. Since my plan for this new year is to prepare more seafood dinners I loaded up on shrimp. Therefore, I went over my grocery budget for the week.

So what does all this mean, well this week's menu will be what I call a "creative pantry" week. My plan for our dinner menu is to come up with dinner ideas that only use what we have in our pantry, freezer or refrigerator. No supermarket trips are allowed. This was a bit challenging, but fun.


Here you go!

Our Dinner Menu Plan

Monday - Chicken Pot Pie with Fruit. (I purchased a few refrigerated pie crusts over the holidays that need to be used and we had leftover chicken from Sunday night's dinner).

Tuesday
- Baked Refried Bean Taquitos, Kale Chips and Cooked Bananas

Wednesday
- Hot Dog Jambalaya with Rice and a side of Carrots. (I purchased some turkey dogs a while back that have been in the freezer. This week seems like a good time to use them.)

Thursday
- Crock Pot Chicken & Stuffing with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans

Friday
- Spinach, Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Gnocchi and Fresh Bread

Saturday - Leftovers

Sunday
- Jamaican Jerk Shrimp Stir-Fry with Rice

* Recipes will be posted throughout the week. Menu subject to change.

0 comments: