Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken & Stuffing


If you did not get enough turkey and stuffing for Thanksgiving, then I have the perfect recipe for you.

Not only is this recipe simple and delicious, but it reminds me of the holiday season.

Things tend to get pretty rushed around this time of year. You can still have a great hearty, comforting meal without all the hassle by using your crock pot.

Crock Pot Chicken & Stuffing

Ingredients:

1 Package herb-seasoned stuffing mix
1 Celery stalk, chopped
1/2 Onion, chopped
1 Tbsp butter
1 1/2 Cups broth or water (I used vegetable broth)
1 Hard boiled egg, chopped (optional)
4 to 6 Boneless chicken breasts or thighs (I used thighs because that is what I had on hand)
1 Can cream of chicken soup
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat butter in a medium saucepan at medium heat. Add celery and onion. Cook until translucent.

Add broth or water and heat to a boil. Remove from heat and add stuffing mix. Let sit for about 5 minutes.

Add chopped egg if using and about 1/4 cup of cream of chicken soup. Stir to combine.

Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Place prepared stuffing on the bottom of crock pot. Add chicken. Here is where I added a few dashes of pepper. Cover chicken with the remaining cream of chicken soup.

Cook for about 5-7 hours on low.

I served this with canned green beans and a fresh roll.

*Sorry I was unable to get pictures of the chicken & stuffing. It was a hectic night and the kids were so hungry that it slipped my mine.

0 comments: