Monday, January 30, 2012

Our Dinner Menu Plan

My mom came to visit this weekend and she brought a huge bag full of fresh collard greens from my parents garden. I was so excited. These little boogers are a great source of vitamin C, fiber, and contain lots of nutrients that have anti-cancer properties.

Now the challenge with these collards is to find multiple ways to cook them and make them appealing to the kids.

If you see lots of collards on the menu for this week, now you know why.

Our Dinner Menu Plan

Monday - Black Bean Taco Salad (leaving the meat out to make it meatless) with Collard Green Chips

Tuesday - Baked Spaghetti with Salad

Wednesday - Black Bean Soup with Cheese Taquitos (I had to make a change because I failed to get all the ingredients for the Carrot Satay Soup)

Thursday - Chicken Pot Pie with Fruit

Friday - Hot Dog Mac 'n' Cheese, Beer-Braised Collard Greens, and Sweet Potato Casserole

Saturday - Leftovers

Sunday - Sun-dried Tomato & Basil Gnocchi (Carried over from last week - I did not get around to cooking the gnocchi) and Spinach Rolls

0 comments: