Monday, October 24, 2011

Baked Refried Bean Taquitos


If you have been reading my blog you probably already know that I try to make a vegetarian meal one night and a meat dinner the next night. This can be quite challenging when you have two family members that love their meat.

I have found that if I make the vegetarian meals Mexican style I almost never get a complaint.

For tonight's dinner we had Refried Bean Taquitos, Creamy Vegetable Bow Ties and Broccoli with Cheese. Everyone loved the taquitos, which was really no surprise. The surprise was 3 out of 4 enjoyed the Creamy Vegetable Bow Ties.

Refried Bean Taquitos

Ingredients:

1/2 of my Refried Bean Recipe
8-10 Wheat Tortillas (I used diff. sizes because that is what I had on hand)
1 Large Tomato, Chopped
3/4-1 Cup cheddar or monterey jack cheese
Olive oil to brush on top

Preheat oven to 400°

Place tortillas on a microwave safe plate and top with a damp paper towel. Heat for 30-45 seconds.

Fill the middle of each tortilla with refried bean mixture, tomatoes and cheese. Roll tortilla to wrap close and place seam down in 13 X 9 baking dish.

After you place each tortilla in the baking dish brush olive oil on the top to prevent the tortilla from splitting open.


Cook for about 15-17 mins.

0 comments: