Saturday, January 7, 2012

Molasses Pork Chops

When I hear the word molasses I always think of my grandma. She would make fresh, homemade biscuits and dip them in Grandma's Molasses. It always had to be Grandma's Molasses, no other brand, and I have to say that I must agree. I have tried several brands over the years, but nothing compares to Grandma's Molasses.

Molasses is rich in iron, calcium, copper and magnesium. It is also all natural with no additives.

Well, here is a recipe that I put together to use on pork chops, but I must say that it would go well with chicken too. My husband said it reminded him of barbeque sauce, but much better.

I hope you enjoy!

Molasses Pork Chops
Ingredients:

4-5 Boneless pork chops
1/4 Cup honey dijon mustard
1/4 Cup Grandma Molasses
1-2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper

Preheat grill or use cast iron grill topper for stove.

Combine mustard, molasses and vinegar in a bowl.

Salt and pepper each side of the pork chops.

Brush or dip pork chops with sauce.

Place on grill and cook about 3 to 5 minutes on each side (depending on the thickness of your chops).

If you have more molasses sauce left add after removing from grill. Let pork chops rest for 5 minutes before serving.

0 comments: