Monday, January 30, 2012

Spinach Cheese Biscuit Muffin


Spinach is a staple in our house. I am sure you can tell by reading this blog. A majority of the recipes on here do include spinach. My kids don't seem to mind it at all.

Well, I am a bargain shopper and came across two cans of biscuits for $.20. We do not eat biscuits very much, but I thought I could incorporate it into something. The cans of biscuits sat in my refrigerator for a few weeks and I decided I had to use them for something. I searched the internet for recipes and came across a great lunch idea for kids using canned biscuits. I changed the recipe just a tad to incorporate spinach instead of red peppers and pepperoni instead of ham.

My husband liked these biscuit muffins much more than my kids. It was not their favorite thing, but a change from the normal peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

Spinach Cheese Biscuit Muffins

Ingredients:

2 Cans of refrigerated biscuit dough (5 count in each)
1/3-1/2 Cup pepperoni, ham, bacon, turkey - cut into pieces *
1/2 - 3/4 Cup cheese (I used double cheddar)
1/2 Cup spinach, chopped

Preheat oven to 350°.
Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray. Chop meat, mix with cheese and spinach in bowl.
Cut each biscuit into pieces. Add meat mixture and combine with hands. Place even portions into each muffin cup.

Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool before removing from pan.
Great lunch paired with fresh vegetables and/or fresh fruit.
*Omit meat for a vegetarian lunch

0 comments: