Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hot Dog Jambalaya


You may be saying to yourself, what can I do with these leftover hot dogs from the 4th of July? Well, I found a recipe that may help. I have to say that when I first made this I thought it looked rather unappetizing. However, the kids did not hesitate to dig right in. It tasted much better than it looked.


Hot Dog Jambalaya

Ingredients:

1 tbsp olive oil
4-5 hot dogs (turkey, chicken, beef, pork, or meatless) - cut into circles
1/2 onion diced finely
1/2 green, red or yellow bell peppers - diced finely
1-2 ears of corn - cooked and cut from cob or 1 can (10 oz) unsweetened corn, drained
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1 tsp chili powder
A couple shakes of hot pepper sauce, to taste

In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the hot dogs, onions, and peppers. Saute them until the onions and peppers are softened.

Add the corn, tomato sauce, chili powder, and hot pepper sauce to taste. Heat through until all the flavors are incorporated. Serve over rice.

I paired this with a side salad. I hope your family enjoys!

0 comments: