Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lemon Honey Crock Pot Chicken

My intentions this week were to make a recipe I found in an old Rachael Ray cookbook called Lemon Poppy Chicken. I began looking at the recipe on Tuesday afternoon and decided I did not want to labor over dinner when I could be spending time with my children. Therefore, I decide to make my own version of Lemon Chicken, but in the crock pot. You guys know how much I love my crock pot!

Lemon Honey Crock pot Chicken goes perfectly over a bed of Seeds of Change French-Style Herb Whole Grain Blend of millet, brown rice and quinoa.

Lemon Honey Crock Pot Chicken

Ingredients:

4 -6 Chicken Thighs or Breasts (I had thighs so that is what I used)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 Onion, chopped or sliced
1 Large carrot, diced small
3 Red potatoes, diced small
3 Garlic cloves
Juice from one lemon
1/2 Cup broth (I used veggie broth)
2-3 Tbsp honey
1 Large rosemary sprig
Salt and pepper

Coat a skillet with olive oil and heat to medium.

Salt and pepper each chicken thigh and add to hot skillet. Brown each side of the chicken. You are not cooking the chicken completely, just browning the sides. I added onions the last minute or so.

Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Add potatoes, carrots and garlic.

Add chicken and onions over the vegetable mixture. Pour lemon juice and broth over the chicken.

Evenly distribute honey over chicken. Sprinkle rosemary over for the final step. Add more salt and pepper if you desire.



Cook for 3-5 hours on low (this will vary depending on your crock pot - chicken will began to fall apart when done).

Serve over a bed of couscous, rice or quinoa.

0 comments: