Friday, March 23, 2012

Creamy Refried Bean Soup

Of course when I decide to put soup on our dinner menu for the week the temperature reaches 84°. I know most of you don't eat soup when it is that hot outside, but this soup was perfect for some of our family that were sick this week.

My husband surprised me by stating that he really loved the soup.

I adapted the original for this recipe based on our favorite refried bean recipe.

Creamy Refried Bean Soup

Ingredients:

16oz Refried bean mixture (prepared)
1 Can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2-1 Cup vegetable broth
1/2 Cup unsweetened coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
salt and pepper to taste

Heat bean mixture and add tomatoes, vegetable broth, and coconut milk. Let soup simmer for about 20 minutes. Serve topped with cheddar cheese, sour cream or avocado spread. We also added jalapenos because we like our food on the spicy side.

I served this delicious soup with baked tortilla chips.

0 comments: