Monday, March 5, 2012

Bacon Roasted Turnips, Parsnips, and Carrots

As I stated in my dinner menu planning post I picked a few new recipes from the Rachel Ray magazine EveryDay to try this week.

I really went out of my comfort zone because I had Bok Choy for the first time and after making this recipe below I had Parsnips for the first time. I love trying new things...how exciting!


Bacon Roasted Turnips, Parsnips and Carrots


*adapted from EveryDay with Rachel Ray

Ingredients:

4 Bacon slices
1 Large parsnip, chopped
1 Large carrot, chopped
1 Medium Turnip, chopped
1 Small Onion, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh parsley
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper

Cook bacon in a large skillet. Drain on paper towels or paper bag.

Pour off fat from skillet except about 2 Tbsp. Add vegetables to the skillet and toss to coat.

Spread vegetables on baking sheet and cook until tender, about 20-30 mins (depending on how you cut the vegetables).

Toss vegetables with crumbled bacon, parsley, vinegar and salt and pepper.

This is a delicious side dish to serve with almost any meat or fish.

0 comments: