Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chocolate Avocado Mousse

While eating my salad with avocado for lunch today, it just came to me that I have yet to post the creamy and oh so delicious Chocolate Avocado Mousse recipe that is a family favorite.

For all those people out there that do not like avocado, please keep reading. My mother absolutely dislikes avocado (texture and taste), but she LOVED this avocado mousse. If your kids do not like avocado, just try this recipe and I am pretty sure they will change their minds.

Here are my changes:

Chocolate Avocado Mousse

Ingredients:

4 oz Semisweet chocolate
1 Tbsp water
2 Avocados
2 Tbsp cocoa
2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
2 Tbs honey
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup natural peanut butter

Place chocolate and water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir chocolate and continue to cook in microwave until chocolate has melted completely.

Place avocados in food processor and pulse. Add cocoa, maple syrup, honey, salt and chocolate, process. Once ingredients are combined add peanut butter and continue to pulse until completely combined.

Serve in individual bowls and enjoy!

*This treat is very rich so a little goes a long way

0 comments: