Monday, April 30, 2012

Strawberry Preserves (No Sugar)

This past weekend our family went strawberry picking and came back home with two huge buckets full of strawberries.  Boy am I excited to find new recipes to use my strawberries.

My oldest son and I love strawberry preserves, but I don't love all the sugar.  Therefore, I discovered a recipe that uses no sugar, just honey and it was great.

Strawberry Preserves (No Sugar)

Ingredients:

5 Cups Freshly picked strawberries, hulled and halved or diced
1/4 Cup Honey
1 1/2- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice

Combine ingredients together in a pan over medium-high heat.  You must watch this very closely and continue to stir frequently.  It can burn to the bottom, so be very careful.  

Continue to cook and lower heat to medium if it is sticking.  Cook for about 20-30 minutes until it reaches the preserve consistency that you prefer. 

This recipe only made about 1 cup of preserves.  I think next time I will double or triple.

0 comments: