Monday, April 16, 2012

Apple Celery Coleslaw

My husband and I really like traditional southern coleslaw, but my children do not. I found an easy non-traditional coleslaw recipe and thought we would give this a try.

Even though we thought this coleslaw was horrible, I thought I would post it anyway to get recommendations on how to improve it. Please let me know if you have suggestions!

Apple Celery Coleslaw

Ingredients:

1 Large apple, peeled and shredded
1/4 Head of red cabbage, shredded

1 Large celery stick, shredded (or fennel bulb, shredded)

1/4 Cup fat free sour cream

1 Tbsp Mayo

Juice from one lemon

Salt and pepper to taste


Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for an hour to mingle flavors. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Marna said...

That's funny - I think you might have thought it horrible because it had no 'tang' to it ... I'm surprised there's no vinegar or something like that to give it that cole slaw flavor. I'm the only one in my family who will eat cole slaw!