Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Balsamic Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Pecans

My husband loves brussels sprouts and has been talking about how I never serve them. I have to be honest and say that I really have never been too fond of brussels sprouts. I think I never liked them because of the way they were prepared. I found a super simple (I like simple) recipe to prepare these little creations and thought we would give it a try.

My youngest son, my husband and myself really liked the brussels sprouts prepared this way. I hope you enjoy it as well.

Balsamic Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Pecans

Ingredients:

Brussels sprouts - about 20 or so, halved or quartered
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (or more if you like)
Salt and pepper
Toasted pecans (heat in a skillet with olive oil until toasted)

Preheat the oven to 400°

Toss brussels sprouts with olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Roast for about 15-20 minutes or until tender. Top with toasted pecans and serve.

0 comments: