Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Play Dough

 Okay, I know this is a food blog, but since play dough is made with edible components (Not that you should eat it, but if you do I guess it would be okay), I thought I would post a homemade recipe for it.

My play dough did not produce the dark green I was looking for so next time I think I would add more food coloring.


 Play Dough

Ingredients:

2 Cups flour
2 Cups water
1 Cup salt
4 Tsp of cream of tartar
A few drops of food coloring

Cook all ingredients in a large saucepan until thick.  Stir constantly and scrape the bottom of the pan often.  The dough will be a little lumpy and somewhat dull.  After the dough pulls away from the sides and starts to look dry you can remove.  Pour out onto counter and knead like cookie dough.  Let the dough cool completely and store in a Ziploc type bag.


0 comments: