Thursday, December 22, 2011

Italian Beef Wraps

I don't know if many of you know this, but I am a super thrifty shopper, especially when it comes to grocery shopping. In my travels I came across a half priced piece of beef roast.

Since I had this roast on hand it was now time to search for recipes for pot roast. I stumbled across a couple of recipes for crock pot roast. I know my kids will not eat crock pot roast by itself, so I decided to put it into whole wheat tortillas and make a wrap.

These wraps were so simple and an absolute treat. I will now be adding them to our family favorite recipes.

Italian Beef Wraps

Ingredients:

2-3 lbs Chuck roast beef
1/2 Good Seasoning Italian mix package
2 Tbsp beef broth
2 Tbsp Ken's herb & garlic marinade (optional)
1 Tsp pepper
Whole wheat tortillas
Sour cream
Diced tomatoes
1/2 Cup shredded cheese (cheddar, colby-jack or mexican)

Place roast in crock pot and cover roast with Italian mix, beef broth and marinade. Cook for 6-8 hours on low.

Shred beef and place a small amount in each tortilla. Top with sour cream, tomatoes, and cheese.

Roll tortilla tight and place on a hot skillet. Brown on each side. Cut in half and serve.

I served these tortillas with a side salad.

*Since my husband and I love spicy food we also topped our tortillas with jalapenos.

0 comments: