Saturday, June 2, 2012

Asian Noodle Slaw

This picture is not that great.  I will try to take a better one!
Let me just start out by saying that this is one of my favorite slaw dishes.  A neighborhood friend of mine made this for a bible study potluck one year and it was such a hit.

This slaw is perfect for a barbecue or cookout.  I took it to a friend's birthday cookout and everyone really enjoyed it so I figured I better post the recipe (this is for you Shannel!).  


Asian Noodle Slaw

Ingredients:

2 Packages of Ramen noodles (throw away the seasoning packet)
1 Package of broccoli slaw- I cut this into smaller pieces with my kitchen shears
1 Cup Craisins
1 Cup Asian sesame with ginger and soy dressing (I used Ken's) or homemade
2 Green onions, chopped - optional as a garnish
Handful of silvered almonds - optional as a garnish

Cook Ramen noodles according to package for about 3 minutes, drain and let cool.  Combine broccoli slaw, Craisins, noodles and dressing until evenly coated.

Toss with green onions and almonds if desired, cover and place in refrigerator for 2 hours or more. Serve.

Now isn't that simple!

0 comments: