Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Trying New Recipes


Last week was not a good week for trying new recipes. We tried several new recipes that I was really excited about sharing with you, but none of them were as good as I wanted them to be. However, I decided I would post links to them if you want to give them a try and see what your family thinks.

Homemade Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- These burgers were not fun to make. They stuck to everything. The burgers had a good taste, but they were not outstanding. I kept thinking they needed something, but I could not put my finger on it.

Watermelon & Prosciutto Salad with Honey Vinaigrette
- My husband was the only one who could tolerate this salad. I thought the combination of the feta with the watermelon was just not a great match.

Cinnamon Apple Biscuits - These biscuits had a great cinnamon flavor, but were much drier than I thought they should be. This could be my fault though because I have to confess that I am not much of a baker.

Wacky Bake - Out of all the recipes that we tried last week, this one was the only one that truly pleased everyone at the dinner table. However, I cheated a little and used jar spaghetti sauce and added shredded carrots to the meat while it was cooking.

I am hoping that this week is more successful than last week and I can bring you more great recipes.

If you have tried a new recipe that you would like to share, please post it under comments. I would love to get more recipe ideas and I am sure others would like to as well.

0 comments: