Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hawaiian Turkey Quesadillas


As all of you know I love this food blog called Budget Bytes.  I have never been disappointed with any of the recipes I have tried from this site.

Budget Bytes has a recipe for Hawaiian Ham Quesadillas that I decided to alter based on what I had on hand in our pantry, as well as make just a tad healthier.

Here are my alterations:


Hawaiian Turkey Quesadillas

Ingredients:

8 oz Low-fat Cream Cheese (room temperature)
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup 2% shredded mozzarella cheese 
1 8 oz can of crushed pineapple, drained
1/4 -1/2 pound of deli turkey, chopped
1 Package of flour tortillas (about 8) - whole wheat would be great, however I only had white on hand

Combine cream cheese, green onions, and mozzarella cheese until combined.  Then add the drained crushed pineapple and deli turkey.

Once combined add some of the mixture to one side of the tortilla (make sure not to put too much because this is very rich.  Fold the other side of the tortilla over and cook in a skillet until both sides are light brown.

Cut and serve!

0 comments: