Monday, June 13, 2011

Taco Seasoning Mix (without all the salt)


We eat Mexican style food at least once a week in our house. Most of these dishes require Taco Seasoning. I love the flavor that the taco seasoning packets give our food, but not the extra salt and MSG. After researching online I came across several recipes for taco seasoning and decided to make my own by using some of the ingredients from each of the recipes.

This recipe is probably equivalent to 2 or 3 taco seasoning packets you would buy in the store, however I have never measured it to be sure.

Taco Seasoning Mix (without the salt)

Ingredients:

6 tsp chili powder
5 tsp paprika
4 1/2 tsp cumin
3 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder

Mix all ingredients above in a small bowl with an airtight lid and shake. Now you have taco seasoning all ready to go whenever you need it. Since this recipe does not have salt, you will probably need to add salt to the dish you are preparing. If you like your meals spicy (which I do), you can always add 1/4 tsp of cayenne. I have to leave it out because it would be too spicy for the kids.

0 comments: