Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Strawberry Sorbet Smoothie

You gotta love our 1971 Archies Glasses
As you may have read on some of my previous blogs, I have two really large buckets of freshly picked strawberries.  This week it has been my mission to find healthier recipes that incorporate strawberries.

I did find a No Sugar Strawberry Preserves recipe that I love and I also came across this Strawberry Sorbet recipe that I thought was very refreshing.  My kids did not like it though, but that was no surprise since they really don't like smoothies.

The original recipe called for a dabble of peanut butter on top of the smoothie, but after tasting it I don't believe you really need it.

The Strawberry Sorbet Smoothie is light and delicious so don't let the picture deceive you.

Strawberry Sorbet Smoothie

Ingredients:

2 Cups frozen strawberries
2 Tbsp honey or agave nectar
3/4 Cup orange juice
3 Tbsp lite coconut milk
Couple dashes of cinnamon
Dabble of peanut butter or Nutella - optional

Combine first 5 ingredients in a Vitamix or food processor until smooth and serve with a dab of peanut butter if desired.

Serving size 4

0 comments: