Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Slow-Cooker Cranberry Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes


Days around this household seem to be more hectic than ever. I really thought that once my children entered school, things would slow down and I could take a big breath. As the kids get older there seem to be more extra activities here and there.

During this crazy time of year, my crock pot becomes my beloved friend. There are so many awesome recipes for the crock pot, just throw everything in and let the crock do the work.


A few years ago I came across this great crock pot recipe that is not only easy, but will dazzle your taste buds.

Slow-Cooker Cranberry Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes

Ingredients:

5-6 boneless pork chops

3-4 small sweet potatoes - peeled and chopped

1 can whole jellied cranberry

salt & pepper to taste


Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Salt and pepper pork chops and place in crock pot.
Place jellied cranberry on top of the pork chops. Layer chopped sweet potatoes on top.

Cook 3-5 hours on low. Cooking time for my crock pot and this recipe was only 3 hours.


*Not sure if this would work with whole cranberries, but I would love to try it one day.

0 comments: