Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hummus Pizza


When you think of pizza I am sure you don't naturally think of hummus. It sounds bizarre I know, but hummus pizza is actually delicious. Although you may put traditional hummus on pizza crust this recipe for hummus is quite different. I mean different in a good way.

I found a pizza hummus recipe on Food Network and thought it would work great on a whole wheat pizza crust. I did not make any changes to these recipes so follow the links to get more details. The pizza crust was formed in four minutes flat, no waiting for it to rise or anything.

Once I put my hummus base on the pizza crust I topped it with tomatoes, black olives, red onions, and mozzarella. You could really mix it up with the toppings on this pizza. Feta cheese would be good as well, however my kids are not fond of it.

Hummus on the Pizza Crust

(Yes, I know what you are thinking "don't you have a baking stone" and I do, but I would still rather use my old and trusted pizza pan)

For the leftover pizza hummus try it as a snack or for lunch with crackers or pita bread.

*This post is dedicated to my father-in-law, who loves hummus.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, here is some hubby feedback! I like the hummus pizza, however, when we made them on toasted pita bread I liked them a bit more. Also, while I love black olives, the cheaper canned ones for some reason taste really good on this! Overall, really good dish!

josh