Sunday, August 12, 2012

Chocolate Cheerio Treats

Chocolate Cheerio Treats
As you all know I LOVE chocolate.  The other day I really wanted a snack with some chocolate, but of course, we did not have any.  I decided to put some things together to make these super chocolatey treats.

Sorry to say that I did not measure anything so please feel free to change the ingredients according to your tastes.  Next time I make this I think I will put less sugar and less honey.

Chocolate Cheerio Treats

Ingredients:

*Measurements below are estimates

1/4-1/2 Cup Honey
1/4-1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1/4-1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolates
Handful of small marshmallows
3 - 3 1/2 Cups Regular Cheerios

Melt honey, sugar, peanut butter, chocolate and marshmallows in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.  

Once completely melted remove from heat and add cheerios.  Stir to combine completely.

Press into a 9 x 13 pan and let cool.  If you like your chocolate treats a little thicker press into a 9 x 9 pan instead. 

Once cooled, cut into squares and enjoy!

0 comments: