Monday, January 9, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Muffins

Even though I did burn the outside of these muffins they still tasted fantastic. If you have been reading my blog you may know that I am a terrible baker. I don't care how accurate I get my measurements it never turns out as beautiful as I would like.

This recipe has been adapted from it's original which can be found at The Pioneer Woman.


Pumpkin Spice Muffins

Ingredients:

1 Cup whole wheat flour
1/3 Cup agave nectar
2 Tsp baking powder
1 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
1/4 Tsp ground ginger
1/2 Tsp nutmeg
1/2 Tsp salt
4 Tbsp butter, cut into pieces
1 Cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie puree)
1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp evaporated milk
1 Egg, slightly beaten
1 1/2 Tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 400°. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.

Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Add butter pieces mixing and mashing into flour.

In a separate bowl, mix together agave nectar, pumpkin, evaporated milk, egg, and vanilla. Pour pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture and combine.

Pour into a greased muffin pan filling each about 1/2 way.

Bake for 15-20 minutes. Stick a toothpick into the center, if it comes out clean the muffins are done.

* I cooked the muffins for about 18 minutes and mine were very done on the outside. It really depends on your oven.

0 comments: