Monday, June 27, 2011

Homemade Tahini


After talking to a friend of mine this weekend about making homemade tahini, I decided I have to give it a try. Although the jarred tahini does last us a month or so, I still wanted to discover a cheaper and fresher way of making it at home. The only two ingredients in homemade tahini is sesame seeds and olive oil. Sesame seeds in the supermarket are extremely expensive. Therefore, I decided to buy it in bulk from Amazon.com (with the subscribe and save discount) and give this homemade tahini a try.

The recipe for homemade tahini can be found here.

If you are not familiar with tahini it is ground sesame seed paste, used in dishes like hummus and baba ganoush.

I will keep you posted once I give this try. If you try it before me please let me know what you think.

0 comments: