Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Jalapeno Crab Cakes

Jalapeno Crab Cakes
After showing the picture of my husband's wonderful crab cakes I have had many requests for the recipe.

My husband adapted the original Jalapeno Crab Cake recipe based on what we had on hand.

Jalapeno Crab Cakes

Ingredients:

14 oz Crab meat - steamed (we used blue crab)
1/4 Cup green onions, chopped
1 Jalapeno, finely chopped
2-3 Tbsp fresh thyme or oregano, chopped
1/2 Cup mayonnaise
1 Large egg, beaten
1 Tbsp honey Dijon mustard
1/2 Tsp cayenne pepper
1/2-1 Cup bread crumbs 
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp butter

Combine all ingredients except the butter together in a large bowl.  

Heat butter in skillet over medium heat.

Form crab mixture into about 6 cakes and place in the skillet.  Cook for about 5 mins. per side or until golden brown.

Drain on paper towels and serve!

*Next time I think I will get him to substitute plain greek yogurt for the mayonnaise (I am not a big fan of mayonnaise).

0 comments: